1880s Khir Bhawani temple - Swami Vivekananda heard Mother's voice here : -

Khir Bhawani temple

A few days after returning to Srinagar, he went to visit Khir Bhavani Devi and staying there for seven days worshipped the Devi and made Homa to her with offerings of Khir (condensed milk).

Every day he used to worship the Devi with a maund of Kshira as offering.

One day, while worshipping, the thought arose in Swamiji's mind : -

"Mother Bhavani has been manifesting Her Presence here for untold years. The Mohammedans came and destroyed her temple, yet the people of the place did nothing to protect Her. Alas, if I were then living I could never have borne it silently."

When, thinking in this strain, his mind was much oppressed with sorrow and anguish, he distinctly heard the voice of the Mother saying,

"It was according to My desire that the Mohammedans destroyed this temple. It is My desire that I should live in a dilapidated temple, otherwise, can I not immediately erect a seven - storeyed temple of gold here if I like? What can you do? Shall I protect you or shall you protect .....

Swamiji said,

"Since hearing that divine voice, I cherish no more plans. The idea of building Maths etc. I have given up; as Mother wills, so it will be."

Swami Vivekananda


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sri Sarada Devi Stotram : ~ Prakritim Paramam ~

Dr. S. RADHAKRISHNAN’S EDUCATIONAL IDEAS :

AWAKENED CITIZEN PROGRAM :