The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna. 4.27-15. Master's outspokenness-Continued


12/11/2017.

Chapter-4. ADVICE TO HOUSEHOLDERS-27-15.

 Master's outspokenness - Continued ..

15. His anguish at worldly talk :-

"When one gets into such a state of mind, one doesn't enjoy any conversation but that about God.  I used to weep when I heard people talk about worldly matters.  When I accompanied Mathur Babu on a pilgrimage, we spent a few days in Benares at Raja Babu's house.  One day I was seated in the drawing-room with Mathur Babu, Raja Babu, and others.  Hearing them talk about various worldly things, such as their business losses and so forth, I wept bitterly and said to the Divine Mother: 'Mother, where have You brought me? I was much better off in the temple garden at Dakshineswar.  Here I am in a place where I must bear about "woman and gold".  But at Dakshineswar I could avoid it.' "

The Master asked the devotees, especially Narendra, to rest awhile, and he himself lay down on the smaller couch.

Next  : 16. His ecstasy in Kirtan
To be continued ..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sri Sarada Devi Stotram : ~ Prakritim Paramam ~

Dr. S. RADHAKRISHNAN’S EDUCATIONAL IDEAS :

AWAKENED CITIZEN PROGRAM :