The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna. 4.27-14. Master's outspokenness-Continued


02/11/2017.

Chapter-4. ADVICE TO HOUSEHOLDERS-27-14.

14. Master's outspokenness - Continued ..

"One day, in that state of divine intoxication, I went to the bathing-ghat on the Ganges at Baranagore.  There I saw Jaya Mukherji repeating the name of God; but his mind was on something else.  I went up and slapped him twice on the cheeks.

"At one time Rani Rasmani was staying in the temple garden.  She came to the shrine of the Divine Mother, as she frequently did when I worshipped Kali, and asked me to sing a song or two.  On this occasion, while I was singing, I noticed she was sorting the flowers for worship absent-mindedly.  At once I slapped her on the cheeks.  She became quite embarrassed and sat there with folded hands.

"Alarmed at this state of mind myself, I said to my cousin Haladhari: 'Just see my nature! How can I get rid of it?' After praying to the Divine Mother for some time with great yearning, I was able to shake off this habit.

Next  : 15. His anguish at worldly talk

To be continued ..


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sri Sarada Devi Stotram : ~ Prakritim Paramam ~

Dr. S. RADHAKRISHNAN’S EDUCATIONAL IDEAS :

AWAKENED CITIZEN PROGRAM :