Man has a twofold duty here on earth :



Can you serve like Florence Night in gale? Can you obey like a soldier in the battle field? Can you be generous like Ranti Deva? Can you spend sleepless nights in devotion to the Lord, like Mira? Can you do Tapas like Dhruva? Can you stick to your convictions like Mansoor and Shams Tabriez? Can you be fearless like the sage who met Alexander the Great, on the banks of the Indus? If you say Yes, you will have Self-realisation this very second. You will contact Avataras and full-blown Yogis this very second.


O Lord of this world! Prostrations unto Thee! Thou art my Guru, real Mother, real Friend and real Guide. Protect me. I am Thine. All is Thine. Thy Will be done. O Adorable God! Salutations unto Thee. Give me pure intellect. Make me pure. Give me light, strength, health and long life. Make me a good Brahmachari. O Almighty Lord! Remove all my evil qualities. Make me virtuous. Make me a patriot. Let me love my mother-country.


Be honest. Be sincere. Be truthful. Be alert. Be diligent. Be vigilant. Be bold. Be of good character. Success and glory will be yours. Develop a correct value of life here. It is not full. It is not perfect. There is always a sense of want. Soak your life with remembrance of Lord. Dedicate your all to Him. See Him in everyone. Sing Lord’s Names. Be an instrument in His hands. You are sure to attain eternal bliss even here in life. O Traveller in this earth-plane! Start the pilgrimage right today. Pray fervently. Remember the Lord constantly. You will surely reach the eternal abode.


"Man has a twofold duty here on earth - to preserve his life, and to realize his Self. To preserve his life, he has to learn to work for his daily bread. To realize his Self, he has to serve, love, and meditate. The Guru who teaches him the knowledge of worldly arts is the Siksha Guru. The Guru who shows him the path of Realization is the Diksha Guru. Siksha Gurus can be many - as many as the things he wishes to learn. The Diksha Guru can be only one - the one who leads him to Moksha."

~ Swami Sivananda

Swami Sivananda Ashram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sri Sarada Devi Stotram : ~ Prakritim Paramam ~

Dr. S. RADHAKRISHNAN’S EDUCATIONAL IDEAS :

AWAKENED CITIZEN PROGRAM :