REMOVE THE NEGATIVE, CULTIVATE THE POSITIVE - Swami Chinmayananda


05/06/208

What is it in me that repels others? These unwanted tendencies are called negative qualities. They lead to immoral or unethical actions. Just as there is a negative and a positive electric current, there are also negative and positive ideas. When negative ideas are expressed in my character, others will be repelled from me. If I can bring out in the expression of my life the fragrance of my positive qualities, then people will flow in attraction towards me.

It has been found true all over the world whether in South Africa or New York that people, of whatever caste, creed or colour, are magnetically pulled by certain qualities. These qualities which attract others are called positive qualities. When I am dealing with others, if I open out the sweetness of these qualities in my personality, I find that more and more people circle round me, love me and are ready to support me. These positive qualities are there in all of us, but it is not sufficient that we just know about them. Every one of us knows about love, mercy, cheerfulness, kindness, joy and courage of convictions. We know it, but when we act, we do not express them; we do just the opposite.

***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sri Sarada Devi Stotram : ~ Prakritim Paramam ~

Dr. S. RADHAKRISHNAN’S EDUCATIONAL IDEAS :

AWAKENED CITIZEN PROGRAM :