The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna-9.



9.

It is not good to cherish desires and hankerings. For that reason I used to fulfil whatever desires came to my mind. Once I saw some coloured sweetmeats at Burrabazar and wanted to eat them. They brought me the sweets and I ate a great many. The result was that I fell ill.

A person living in a house infested with venomous snakes are always alert, so should men living in the world be always vigilant against the allurement of lust and greed.

The nest of the skylark is on the earth below, though it soars high in the sky. High ground is not fit for cultivation, low ground is necessary, that water may stand on it.

How sweet is the simplicity of the child! He prefers a doll to all the wealth and riches of the world. No one else can reject all wealth and honour, and be taken up with God alone.

The Pure Mind and the Pure Atman are one and the same thing. Whatever comes up in the Pure Mind is the voice of God.

Sri Ramakrishna Mission
To be continued  ...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sri Sarada Devi Stotram : ~ Prakritim Paramam ~

Dr. S. RADHAKRISHNAN’S EDUCATIONAL IDEAS :

AWAKENED CITIZEN PROGRAM :