The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna-16.



1.
Bondage is of the mind, and freedom is also of the mind.

A man is free if he constantly thinks: 'I am a free soul. How can I be bound, whether I live in the world or in the forest?

I am a child of God, the King of Kings. Who can bind me?'

If bitten by a snake, a man may get rid of its venom by saying emphatically, 'There is no poison in me.'

In the same way, by repeating with grit and determination, 'I am not bound, I am free', one really becomes so-one really becomes free.

2.
Till one becomes simple like a child, one cannot get divine illumination.

Forget all the worldly knowledge that you have acquired and become as ignorent of it as a child; then you will get the knowledge of the truth.

3.
It is not easy to get rid of illusion.

It lingers even after the attainment of knowledge.

A man dreamt of a tiger.

Then he woke up and his dream vanished.

But his heart began to palpitate.

Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa
To be continued  ..


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guru Mahima : Why teachers are exalted - Swami Tejomayananda

Sri Sarada Devi Stotram : ~ Prakritim Paramam ~

Dr. S. RADHAKRISHNAN’S EDUCATIONAL IDEAS :