Spotlights On The Ramayana - 3.10. - Sri Swami Premananda


Dedicated
TO
MY HOLY MASTER
SATGURU SRI SWAMI SIVANANDAJI MAHARAJ
Sri Swami Premananda

10.
Difference Due To Ages : 2

So, generally, whenever I happen to talk on Sri Ramcharitmanas, I mostly touch upon the philosophy and teachings of Ramayana and the beauty and meaning of the words and phraseology rather than a narration of the mere story, events or exploits of Rama or other characters.

I never thought of writing a commentary on the Ramayana but this book has come up suddenly on its own.

Thus, my purpose of writing this “Spotlights On The Ramayana” is somewhat strange and may be construed as a new approach.


During my recent visit to the US and Canada, I was confronted with several peculiar types of queries and arguments not only by the American and Canadian brothers and sisters but also by the educated Indians who have settled there.

It was an astonishing phenomenon.

Of course such Hindus are in India also.

My mind therefore started thinking, how to place the picture of the epic on a different footing without lessening the faith in Lord Rama, and naturally I prayed to Him and to Satgurudev.

Consequently, I first wrote an article titled “Esotericism in the Ramayana” However it was later developed along the lines of a somewhat rational appreciative critique, which is now in the hands of the readers in form of “Spotlights On The Ramayana”.

At the end of the book, a chapter on ‘Questions and Answers’ has been added, which are of general interest to seekers and sadhakas.

Sri Swami Premananda
To be continued  ...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sri Sarada Devi Stotram : ~ Prakritim Paramam ~

Dr. S. RADHAKRISHNAN’S EDUCATIONAL IDEAS :

AWAKENED CITIZEN PROGRAM :