The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna-16.



1.
Bondage is of the mind, and freedom is also of the mind.

A man is free if he constantly thinks: 'I am a free soul. How can I be bound, whether I live in the world or in the forest?

I am a child of God, the King of Kings. Who can bind me?'

If bitten by a snake, a man may get rid of its venom by saying emphatically, 'There is no poison in me.'

In the same way, by repeating with grit and determination, 'I am not bound, I am free', one really becomes so-one really becomes free.

2.
Till one becomes simple like a child, one cannot get divine illumination.

Forget all the worldly knowledge that you have acquired and become as ignorent of it as a child; then you will get the knowledge of the truth.

3.
It is not easy to get rid of illusion.

It lingers even after the attainment of knowledge.

A man dreamt of a tiger.

Then he woke up and his dream vanished.

But his heart began to palpitate.

Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa
To be continued  ..


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sri Sarada Devi Stotram : ~ Prakritim Paramam ~

Dr. S. RADHAKRISHNAN’S EDUCATIONAL IDEAS :

AWAKENED CITIZEN PROGRAM :